Rose

Rose

Monday, April 22, 2013

Garren Small

Mr. Small in many ways reminded me of a non-musical version of Bruce Springsteen adapted to a love and desire class. This sort of raw poetic style was refreshing, and it was quite a surprise when he mentioned that he modeled his poetry after a school of thought that when people speak to each other they really don't listen. The lack of communication in today's society is something I have frequently noticed as of late and it has been particularly concerning to me. I have never before heard poetry like his and it was really nice to see that someone is truly original in their poetic style. The conversational piece in the middle of the lecture in particular struck me, as at first I had no idea what they were doing and it was very confusing. After he explained what the premise of the exercise was it made a great deal more sense, and i appreciated his poetry much more, as it all began to make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment